Download printable version
Are you looking for your next great adventure? Do you have a passion for creating exciting and alternative ways of teaching? If this sounds like you, then read on.
Wells Park School is a Local Authority maintained specialist day and residential school that caters for 58 pupils aged 5 - 11 years with Social Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH). Wells Park School is set in extensive grounds within a ten-minute walk of the Central Line. We benefit from having a wooded area used for Forest School and a growing school farm.
We are a fully integrated community made up of a range of professionals from diverse backgrounds, employed to meet the needs of the young people, families and staff that we support.
We are now looking for a full time class teacher who will work with a class group of no more than ten pupils. Applications from all teachers, including those with experience/interest in using a school farm to support learning, will be very welcome. The role holder will be committed to providing the highest quality learning experience for our pupils.
You will need:
· The ability to create a clear vision for your class group which motivates and inspires the young people you teach.
· The skills to develop all pupils to their full potential, utilising both the indoor and outdoor environment.
· To be a creative and forward-thinking practitioner.
· To be able to assess pupils' knowledge and understanding, scaffolding their next steps accurately.
· To have high expectations of students and experience of raising achievement.
In return we will provide:
· A commitment to training and further development.
· Access to a wide range of expertise within the field of SEMH, Attachment Disorder and Trauma Perceptive Practice.
· A welcoming and supportive working environment.
If you have the drive and determination to make a positive difference to the education and lives of our children, then we would like to hear from you.
Visits to our school are encouraged and welcomed and can be arranged virtually in line with Covid-19 guidance.
Information about the School
Wells Park School is a residential school for pupils with social, emotional and mental health needs, aged 5 - 11 years.
For further information and/or to arrange a visit please telephone the school office on 0208 502 6442 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
An offer of a position is subject to receiving satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS check.
Wells Park School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.