Download printable version
Part-time High Level Teaching Assistant fixed term to cover maternity leave
Pay range: NJC 2019; Band 3 Mid; Point 11; FET £21,166 + Fringe.
Weeks / Year: 43.1
Hours / Week: 32.5 hrs (5 days) or 19.5 hrs (3 days) or 13 hrs (2 days)
Contract type: Fixed term to cover maternity leave.
Start: 1st September 2020
Applications close: 19th June 2020 Midnight
Interviews: 24th June 2020 (virtual interview depending on current restrictions)
Are you an enthusiastic, fantastic HLTA looking for your next challenge?
Stapleford Abbotts Primary, part of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT), one of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts in the South and East of England, with 4 primary schools in Essex and overall 45 Primary, Secondary and Special Academies in the TKAT Family. Our pupils are at the heart of everything we do, and we strive to inspire learners and change lives through great teaching, leadership and learning for all.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is able to provide learning activities for classes under the professional direction and supervision of a qualified teacher and who is able to assist in plan, prepare and deliver lessons and assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment.
We believe that all children thrive in an environment in which they are happy, challenged and secure: secure in the knowledge they are safe and cared for; challenged to achieve their best; and happy in the knowledge they are each appreciated for their individuality and their achievements. We are looking to recruit a qualified, highly motivated HLA to join our team.
We are looking for
- Has a passion for supporting children to achieve?
- Can care for, challenge, inspire and engage children,
- Has high expectations and a commitment to raising standards
- Has experience at either KS1 and KS2
- Can create and facilitate highly challenging and engaging lessons alongside strong and highly professional teachers
- An exemplary classroom practitioner,
- Inspired with passion and ambition,
- An energetic, creative and committed professional,
- An optimist with a can-do approach,
- A role model who sets high expectaions and establishes productive working relationships with pupils and staff,
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom,
- Someone who takes the initiative to adjust activities according to pupil responses/needs,
- Support pupils consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs
- Committed to achieving high standards.
We will offer you
- A comprehensive induction programme,
- A supportive and forward-thinking leadership team,
- Friendly and supportive environment, where everyone is committed to a work life balance,
- The opportunity to be part of exciting development and innovative change,
- Trust resources and materials to help plan and deliver great lessons,
- School-to-school support from fellow TKAT schools,
- Through our strong Teaching School Alliance, high quality on-going professional development,
- Regular opportunities to meet and engage with fellow professionals from TKAT and beyond,
- Opportunities for career progression.
We strongly encourage a visit/or call to our school is made prior to application if possible. Contact details 07803570047 Mrs KimThackray Head Teacher. (virtual interview depending on current restrictions)
Stapleford Abbotts Primary Academy is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.
Stapleford Abbotts Primary Acadmey is committed to the protection and safety of its students and the successful candidate will be subject to DBS, Bared List and two reference checks as part of the Schools Safeguarding Procedures. The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post in accordance with the Immigration Act 2016.
- Please note that we do not accept CVs or applications from agencies.
- Please take care to complete the application in full, as incomplete applications will not be considered.
- If you have not had any communication with in ten days of the closing date, you can take this a confirmation that you were not shortlisted, we thank you for your application.
Information about the School
Stapleford Abbotts School was built in 1887 and has been an important part of village life since its establishment. Over the past ten years, the school has become popular and there has been considerable amount of refurbishment and new build. The school attracts children from a wide catchment area and from the neighbouring London Boroughs of Redbridge, Dagenham, and Havering. We are committed to. Involving the wider community with school life and work closely with other agencies including other rural schools in the Epping area.