Download printable version
Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust are seeking to appoint a
HLTA - Alternative Provision
Based at Thameside Primary School, Manor Road, Grays Essex, RM17 6EF
Salary Band C, Point 13 - 16 (£17,078.74 - £18,476.25 actual salary, depending on experience)
8:30am - 3:30pm Mon - Fri (30 minutes unpaid lunch break) - 32.5 hours per week, term time + inset days
We are looking to appoint a talented and ambitious HLTA to work within our Alternative Provision who can motivate and challenge pupils in a specialist-learning environment. The successful candidate will have good knowledge of working with vulnerable children and a variety of behavior management strategies to support children with very challenging behaviours.
The successful candidate will
- Have already completed the HLTA qualification or NVQ level 4 or equivalent. (Desirable but not essential)
- Have a recognised competence in English and Maths.
- Understand teaching and learning and who is committed to raising standards.
- Have a positive attitude and who is loyal to our co-operative values.
- Have experience of working; or a passion for working with; children with challenging behaviour and is able to assist and support children who have often found school a challenge
- Have the ability to engage, inspire, motivate and build excellent relationships with children
Main duties will be
- Directly teaching groups and whole classes as 'cover'.
- Securing good progress for children taught.
- Behaviour management
- Maintaining good discipline
- Manage pastoral support plans
For an application form please visit our website at www.osborne.coop or alternatively email email@example.com
During this time visits to the school would not be possible, but a phone conversation with the Headteacher or member of the Senior Leadership Team can be arranged if you're interested. Please contact Abbie Stonehouse, Trust HR/Recruitment Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01375 648 901
Closing Date: 8th June 2020 Interview Date: ASAP - via video conferencing link
The Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post will require an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references.
Information about the School
Thameside Primary is a rapidly expanding School which serves a diverse community. A commitment to equal oportunities and inclusion is essential.
Thameside is part of Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust who have four primary schools.Our schools' ethos is based on the Co-operative values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and sharing a sense of collective responsibility for supporting each other. The Trust schools are based in Thurrock, a semi-rural location with excellent transport links to London.