Download printable version
Head of Spanish
Required: September 2020/January 2021
Main/Upper pay scale
TLR 2b - £4,320
Full time hours
Not suitable for NQTs
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and suitably qualified Head of Spanish, who will enjoy working in a school that values and delivers excellent professional development. The successful candidate will be capable of inspiring students through their passion for the subject, and have a firm belief in the potential of all students. You will be excellent in your classroom practice and be able to inspire others to be of a similar calibre. Experience of teaching GCSE and A level Spanish in the UK, would be an advantage.
We can offer you:
The Modern Foreign Language Faculty is a growing department where all students learn French or Spanish with a strong uptake at GCSE and healthy A-level classes in both languages. The dedicated and hardworking team under the leadership of Gemma Fordyce is looking to further its successes in the future through this appointment. We offer the opportunity to develop within a highly effective multi academy trust providing career progression.
You will need to:
· Be a hardworking, imaginative thinker and have excellent organisational and time management skills
· Be able to work effectively as part of a team
· Possess good behaviour management skills
· Be a good and effective communicator at all levels
· Be open minded, creative and inspirational in your style of teaching that motivates students
· Commit to working collaboratively with colleagues and students
· Utilise a variety of teaching methods and ensure that your lessons are engaging at all levels
· Be able to go the 'extra mile'.
For further information please contact Angie Roberts, HR Officer: email@example.com