Download printable version
Part Time teacher of Business and Computer Science (3 days)
· Are you a dynamic teacher who is committed to supporting our pupils to achieve their very best and to enjoy their lessons?
· Would you like to work with a friendly and supportive team?
St John's is a co-educational Independent School for pupils aged between 2 and 16 years. We are proud of our computing provision and offer you the opportunity to join our successful school.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, adaptable and engaging qualified part time teacher of Computer Science and Business. The school is introducing GCSE Business from September 2020 so experience of teaching Key Stage 4 Business is necessary.
The Computing Department is a friendly, supportive and successful team who bring enthusiasm to the delivery of the subject. Computing is taught in the school from year 1 through to year 11. The right candidate will have the ambition and desire to play a significant role in the further development of the department with the introduction of Business.
The department has achieved excellent GCSE results, and the school currently follows the OCR GCSE Computer Science Syllabus. The candidate will be required to teach Key Stage 3 Computer Science. The candidate will also need to have a flexible approach and the willingness and the ability to teach Key Stage 2 Computing and/or Key Stage 4 Computer Science.
What we are looking for:
• An experienced and qualified teacher with an excellent subject knowledge, holding QTS and a relevant undergraduate degree to deliver Computer Science at KS3 level and Business at KS4 level.
• A committed practitioner who wants to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning and who expectsexcellence from students.
• A collaborative and motivated individual who will teach the subject though a variety of innovative approaches including curriculum design, teaching strategies and the use of technology.
• A strong team player who forms excellent relationships with staff, parents and students.
• Strong IT skills and an interest in developing the use of ICT to enhance teaching and learning.
• Competent programming skills in Python or another high-level language.
• The chance to be part of a supportive and friendly team.
• Fantastic working environment where staff are valued.
• Opportunities to access CPD to develop your role further.
This is a part time position, and subject to the completion of a successful initial probationary year, will lead to a permanent position.
For further information about the role, please contact Nigel Johnson, Head of Computing, by email firstname.lastname@example.org