Download printable version
We are looking for supportive Teaching Assistants to join our strong SEND department within our Thurrock secondary schools, including Williams Edwards School and the brand new Orsett Heath Academy. The core purpose of the role is to assist in the support and development of students throughout the Academy. This is a great opportunity to help pupils gain the academic skills, social skills and knowledge for successful futures. Here, you can benefit from a wealth of experience, training opportunities and a supportive, collaborative spirit.
What we are looking for:
• An engaging person with the ability to interest, encourage and motivate children when supporting their learning and development
• An excellent team worker, who can work closely with class teachers and support them with their planning, preparation and assessment activities
• A person with the ability to support individual pupils, groups or whole classes to help them make excellent progress
This is an exciting time to join SWECET. 2020 will see the Trust grow to 6 schools with the opening of the new Orsett Heath Academy which will eventually accommodate 1200 pupils. SWECET is a realistic and forward-thinking Trust which genuinely values its workforce.
In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
• Competitive salaries with a defined benefit pension scheme
• Personalised CPD plan supporting your professional development and career progression in an expanding Trust.
• Comprehensive training and development opportunities supported by Thurrock Teaching School
• A health and wellbeing package
• Reduced gym membership at a Trust school
• Relocation package including up to 6 months' free accommodation
• Two week October half term
If you have energy and passion in abundance and would relish the opportunity to be part of our team, we look forward to hearing from you. If you would like to discuss the school and the role with the Headteacher or arrange a visit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please return your letter of application and completed form to:
c/o William Edwards School
Stifford Clays Road
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Information about the School
William Edwards is a very popular, oversubscribed 11-16 school, judged 'outstanding' by OfSTED. It is the strategic lead school for the Thurrock Teaching School Alliance and is part of the growing South West Essex Community Education Trust. Pupil outcomes across the school are significantly above the national average.