Download printable version
Location: Doucecroft School, Eight Ash Green
Salary: MPR + SEN (UPS will be considered for experienced candidates)
Hours - Full time
Job ref: D201
Start date: 5th of September 2020
Autism Anglia's Doucecroft School is a vibrant, dynamic and highly supportive independent day and boarding school for children and young people with Autistic Spectrum Condition.
Our school provides a bespoke, individualised education to children and young people with Autistic Spectrum Condition and has a proven track record of dramatically raising the outcomes for the students who have completed their education with us.
Our school has multidisciplinary working at the heart of achieving outcomes for children and young people, with specialist therapists and professionals providing expertise in addition to the highly skilled education team. All staff within the school are committed to striving towards outstanding, led by an enthusiastic and dynamic senior management team.
We require a highly motivated and inspirational teacher who is committed to improving the life chances of children and young people with Autistic Spectrum Condition. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced teacher to develop their career in a school which offers excellent continued professional development, support and supervision. By its nature, Doucecroft School offers an excellent work/life balance reflected by small class sizes and a senior management team who are committed to reducing the administrative tasks of its teachers, in order to allow teaching staff to focus heavily on direct outcomes for the students.
· Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) - Essential
· Undergraduate degree - Essential
· GCSE's at grade C/Level 4 or above in English, Maths and Science - Essential
· Qualification/training in special education - Essential
· Knowledge of S.E.N. and assessment across both P levels and National Curriculum levels - Essential
· Relevant experience working with students with autism or learning disabilities in an educational setting - Essential
· Training in the management of challenging behaviour - Essential
· Experience working with students across the ability range and autistic spectrum - Desirable
· Experience managing a team of learning support assistants - Essential
· Pension scheme
· Death in Service Benefit
· Access to Perkbox incentives including exclusive High Street, entertainment, restaurant and supermarket discounts
· Refer a friend scheme
· Comprehensive Autism training package
Visits to the school are highly recommended to fully appreciate the fantastic environment and ethos of our school. For an informal chat about the role or to organise a visit please contact Louise Parkinson; Head Teacher directly
Closing date for applications will be: 29th of May 2020
Autism Anglia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as requiring a signed `Childcare Disqualification Declaration form'.
Information about the School
Doucecroft School is a specialist co-educational school for children and young people with autism and additional complex needs, age 3 –19 years. Established in 1977, we are experienced and successful in meeting the needs of students with wide-ranging strengths and needs, providing a nurturing environment where students are able to thrive and grow in independence and self-esteem.
Students can benefit from our flexible boarding provision or can attend school as day students and come from across the Anglia region and the London boroughs.
Occupational Therapy and Speech and Language Therapy are provided on-site by our experienced therapy team.
Doucecroft School is part of Autism Anglia, a regional charity working with children, adults and families affected by Autism.