Download printable version
SECAT is delighted to invite suitable candidates to apply for the role of Chief Operating Officer (COO), joining us on the MAT's Executive leadership team along with the Finance Director.
SECAT is a medium to small MAT, consisting of 6 schools providing education for children aged 3 - 19. The full-time CEO started in September 2018, and a number of changes have already taken place on our continuing journey, including the appointment of the Finance Director, and Managers of HR and ICT.
We are looking to appoint a permanent COO to join us in September 2020, to continue to provide SECAT with strategic advice and direction on the delivery of Trust services that will enhance pupils' educational outcomes.
Experience of working in schools is essential. Understanding the different needs of schools within our Trust and of the Trust itself, is equally vital. You will be key to providing accurate and timely information to enable effective long-term strategic budgetary control, decision-making and sound strategic planning in line with KPIs.
You will also have considerable experience of line-managing colleagues, many of whom will be new to their posts across the Trust. Understanding therefore, of the need for clear communication, management of change and project management will be essential.
- report directly to the CEO.
- as the Chief Financial Officer, be responsible for ensuring that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met regarding the Trust's financial and legal affairs.
- have strategic oversight of financial management and accountancy matters
- line manage a range of colleagues including the Finance Director and Site Managers.
- be responsible for ensuring that reporting to the ESFA and the DfE is done in a timely and appropriate manner within deadlines.
- provide strategic financial advice to the Trust Board ensuring that the MAT adheres to the funding agreement with the DfE and meeting the Academy Financial Regulations
- provide strategic Facilities Management direction to the Trust Board, including aspects of Health & Safety and Security therein of all of the MAT's estates.
- provide strategic leadership and direction, attending Trust Board Meetings.
- manage Trust policies in relation to statutory and regulatory requirements.
- ensure compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- positively contribute towards the development and delivery of all aspects of the Trust strategic plan, including overseeing project management of buildings and site management.
For an initial discussion,please telephone Ruth Brock (CEO) on 07776 147300, or Jan d'Eca HR Officer on 07725 481866
We hope you find the information in our application pack useful. Should you have any questions when you have read the information, please do not hesitate to contact Ruth Brock or Jan d'Eca further. If you are applying via the SECAT website, please email your completed application form to Jand'Eca@secat.co.uk.
SECAT has a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
Closing date: Monday 1st June 2020 5.00pm
Interviews will take place: Week commencing 8th June 2020
Information about the School
Schools within Shoeburyness have a tradition of working together for the benefit of the young people in our community. SECAT’s vision is to become the most outstanding Educational Partnership nationally through achieving outstanding outcomes for the young people in our community. We will do this by providing an engaging, challenging and linear experience from 3 to 19 which equips young people to live happy and successful lives.
The Central Multi-Academy Trust Head Office is based at SECAT House, which is in the grounds of Thorpedene Primary School, one of the 6 schools in our MAT. The Chief Executive Officer, Acting Chief Financial Officer, Finance Director and Administration Assistant to the CEO, all operate from SECAT House.
The Central Finance Team, the Central ICT Team and the Central HR Team are all based in schools within the MAT; the Central Finance Team and the Central ICT Team operate from Shoeburyness High School and the Central HR Team operate from Richmond Avenue Primary School.
SECAT has a responsibility to ensure all our young people receive the best provision possible. This is what we intend to do; to make full and flexible use of all the expertise, resources and facilities across the Trust for the benefit of all.
Each school has a Local Academy Committee, to which the Academy Trust Board delegate power and responsibilities.
Our mission is to achieve outstanding outcomes for the young people in our community by providing an engaging, challenging and linear learning experience from 3 – 18, that equips them to live happy and successful lives. By embedding the ethos across our schools through cross phase teaching and learning, SECAT can create trust wide teams that support our young people and the wider community. The schools working in partnership will ensure the best outcomes for our young people and by developing and sharing best practice; we can engage and enthuse all students to achieve outstanding success.
Our vision is to become the most outstanding Educational Partnership nationally, by working collaboratively and establishing trust wide practices that deliver our ethos and ensure that working in partnership benefits both the young people and our wider community.
SECAT has a responsibility to ensure all our young people receive the best provision possible. This is exactly what we intend to do; to make full and flexible use of all the expertise, resources and facilities across the Trust for the benefit of all.