Download printable version
St Mary's C of E (VA) Primary School
VACANCY for a Nursery Nurse/Teaching Assistant
Mondays to Fridays 08.30-15.15 (with an hour for lunch)
Are you an experienced Nursery Nurse/EYFS Teaching Assistant qualified to Level 3 or working towards it? Would you like to join our friendly and supportive Reception Class in September 2020?
We are looking for someone who has knowledge of the EYFS and experience planning and carrying out exciting and suitable activities for children aged 4-5 years old.
Main responsibilities will include the following:
- Have a strong and caring personality and be calm, patient and firm
- Observe, support and extend children's learning.
- Have high expectations of pupil attainment and behaviour
- Be committed to setting boundaries within the classroom and passionate about making a difference
- Have evidence of ability to enthuse and motivate pupils
- Plan appropriately for children using the EYFS framework.
- Have the ability to create positive learning environments
- Maintain accurate and effective observations through Tapestry software (the children's Learning Journey).
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
In return we can offer:
Hardworking and well-behaved children
A friendly and supportive team
Excellent opportunities for professional development
St Mary's C of E (VA) Primary School is acompassionate, spiritual, respectful and hardworking environment.Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, visits to the school are currently not possible but ifyou would like to learn more about this role, we would love to hear from you please contact Lorraine Chedzoy on email@example.com.
St Mary's is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to support this commitment. All appointments are subject to positive references, medical clearance and enhanced DBS checks.
Salary - £13,970.72 (£19,171 FTE)
Closing date: Monday 15th June 2020
Interview date:TBC (interviews may be held via video link due to social distancing)
Information about the School
"Aspiring for Excellence in a Christian Learning Environment"
Established in 1845, St. Mary's is a welcoming 1 form entry Church school with a caring ethos. We are situated in the centre of Saffron Walden, a thriving Essex market town close to the Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire and Suffolk borders and within easy travelling distance of both Cambridge and London. We enjoy excellent facilities, occupying a large and attractive site which also accommodates our Church Pre-school and an independent Before/After-school club.