Download printable version
Learning Support Assistant. Required September 2020.
31¼ hrs per week, 8.30am to 3.15pm with 30 minute lunch break. Term time including 5 non-pupil days
We are seeking a 1:1 Learning Support Assistant to work with a child with SEN, social, emotional and behaviour difficulties, initially in an EYFS class. The role will include:
· developing knowledge of the child and their needs and seeking advice from the teacher, SENCO and outside agencies as appropriate;
· ensuring that the pupil can integrate as fully as possible in the activities undertaken by the other children in the class to make the best possible progress;
· creating appropriate learning opportunities through play and developing the child's own play;
· running specific interventions for the pupil or a group as required;
· make or modifying appropriate resources such as games and visual prompt cards to support learning;
· working under the direction of the teacher and SENCO to implement the pupil's targets.
You will need to:
· Demonstrate an understanding of the EYFS curriculum and a play based approach to learning.
· Have a caring and considerate nature.
· Be an advocate for our learning dispositions and be a good role model for the children.
· Form positive relationships with colleagues, parents and children.
· Have good listening and communication skills.
· Contribute positively to the EYFS team.
Visits are obviously not possible at this time but if you have any specific queries regarding this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org