Download printable version
Teacher of Music
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale
Salary from £24,373 - £40,490 (Point M1 - U3)
Start Date: 1st September 2020
Fixed term until 31st August 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a unique school. Paxman Academy is a brand new STEM school which will be entering its second year in September 2020. It is a heavily oversubscribed school which is held in high regard in the community.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious Teacher of Music who will exhibit passion for their subject and instil a love of learning. The post will be for one year in the first instance, but is likely to be extended as the school grows.
The position will suit an experienced or newly qualified teacher.
Applications for part time hours will also be considered.
To deliver high quality music provision through lessons and extra-curricular clubs.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
• Teaching excellent lessons and promote a love of music
• Developing a comprehensive scheme of work for music and ensure that ensure that units of work in music are challenging.
• Ensuring a strong understanding of the KS3 curriculum and KS4 qualification specifications
• Demonstrating strong subject knowledge and a willingness to continually develop this
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
• Qualified Teacher Status and Relevant Degree
• Effective and sensitive communication skills to a range of audiences
• Sensitivity to the school ethos
• Recent and successful experience of teaching in Key Stage 3 and 4
• Effective management of student behaviour
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Paxman Academy?
We can offer you:
• A Competitive Salary
• Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
• Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
• Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, and Cycle to Work Scheme
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to email@example.com quoting reference 351. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, Tuesday 21st April 2020.
Shortlisting will take place on Wednesday 22nd April 2020.
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
Paxman Academy opened in September 2019 and admitted 180 Year 7 students in the first year.
Paxman Academy is committed to providing an ordered, stimulating learning environment in which all students are encouraged to achieve their best. It is determined that all students should be valued through the provision of a broad, relevant, balanced and challenging curriculum that caters for individual needs; this is encouraged within an atmosphere of mutual respect. The Academy recognises its role within the broader community. It is determined to maintain a STEM focus throughout the curriculum and across extended learning opportunities. It identifies learning as a lifelong process and values the contribution made by parents and others to the creation of a partnership. Within this partnership, and through learning opportunities provided, students will develop skills, attitudes and values that prepare them to accept the challenges and responsibilities of adult life.
Paxman Academy embraces the values of The Sigma Trust to ensure that all students will fulfil their potential and transform life chances for all.