Download printable version
KS4 Coordinator - Mathematics
Main/Upper Pay Range
Required: September 2020
Full time hours
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and suitably qualified KS4 Coordinator - Mathematics, who will enjoy working in a school that values and delivers excellent professional development. The successful candidate will be capable of inspiring students through their passion for the subject, and have a firm belief in the potential of all students. You will be excellent in your classroom practice and be able to inspire others to be of a similar calibre.
As part of the role you will be required to co-ordinate the KS4 math's curriculum to maximize the potential of our students and have the ability to coordinate a smooth transition of student data from KS3 to KS4.
The King John School in Benfleet is a heavily oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive of over 2000 students, of which approximately 430 are in the sixth form. The school is exceptionally proud of the achievements of our students and the ethos of the school. Our results are consistently strong and over 77% of our students achieved a standard pass in English and mathematics at GCSE (Grade 4 or above) in 2019.
Our A-level results have been exemplary, with over 54% of year 13 students gaining A* - B grades in all of their subjects. We are in the top 15% of the country for A-level outcomes compared to 2817 schools and colleges.
The King John School offers a high quality educational experience through a broad curriculum and a caring, friendly environment, and sets the highest expectations for all. Through high quality teaching and learning and exceptional wide ranging enrichment opportunities the school seeks to cultivate students' motivation, confidence and intelligence. The school invests heavily in the creation of a learning community and to this end the extension to the sixth form, humanities building and state of the art assembly hall have been constructed to accommodate the growing number of students wishing to join us. We challenge our students to achieve ambitious goals and to never settle for second best.
Our school has good staff retention and is wholly committed to continued professional development. We offer free healthcare through the Benenden Healthcare scheme which all employees are entitled to join. If you feel you could contribute to this ethos and enhance it further, please contact us.
We can offer you:
· A dedicated and experienced hardworking team of staff
· Enthusiastic, friendly and talented students
· The opportunity to develop within a highly effective multi academy trust providing career progression
You will need to:
· Be a hardworking, imaginative thinker and have excellent organisational and time management skills
· Be able to work effectively as part of a team
· Possess good behaviour management skills
· Be a good and effective communicator at all levels
· Be open minded, creative and inspirational in your style of teaching that motivates students
· Commit to working collaboratively with colleagues and students
· Utilise a variety of teaching methods and ensure that your lessons are engaging at all levels
· Be able to go the 'extra mile'.
For further information please contact Angie Roberts, HR Officer: email@example.com