Download printable version
The Christus Catholic Trust are seeking to appoint:
Salary - Band 6- Point 23 to 32 (CCT Thurrock Academies Pay Scales). Salary Range: £25,123 - £32,788 FTE
37 hours per week - Term Time plus 2 additional weeks - Permanent contract
Start Date: as soon as possible
Location: St Mary's Catholic Primary School, Tilbury, Essex
This is a great opportunity for an individual who has a strong background in Finance who will oversee financial arrangements and control and will assist the Headteacher in budget reviews, projections, setting and monitoring.
The primary responsibilities and requirements for this role are as those listed on the accompanying Job Description but include:
· Advising the Headteacher/LGC/SLT on general financial policy and planning
· Co-ordination of annual budget of income and expenditure for the academy
· Monitoring the annual budget and presenting management reports to the Headteacher/LGC/SLT/TRUST BOARD, attending relevant meetings as requested and working in collaboration with the Central Team
· Preparation, of long-term assessments of the future financial performance of the academy
· Preparation of financial appraisals for projects, as required and working in collaboration with the Central Team
· Preparation and co-ordination of income generating activities
· Advising on the best utilisation of school funds and investing them accordingly
· Responsibility for the accurate completion and validity of payroll returns for the payment of all salaries and wages including PAYE, NIC and Superannuation.
· Keeping the academy account and preparing income and expenditure reports in accordance with DCSF financial regulations and preparation of accounts for submission to the Trust Board
The successful candidate should be / have:
· Experience in financial management and budgeting
· Working knowledge of appropriate academy's financial policies and procedures
· Someone with a can do and flexible attitude
· Professional and reliable
· Willing to work collaboratively with others and work autonomously
· Ability to complete complex returns, write complex letters and reports
· Understanding and compliant of the procedures and legislation relating to confidentiality
Information about the Academy:
St Mary's is a 'Good' school (OFSTED, Jan 2017) situated in Tilbury very close to Tilbury Town C2C station with quick rail links into London. We have our own parking facilities with direct road links to the M25, A13 and A127.
We warmly welcome visitors to the school, to see for yourself our happy and engaged pupils (HMI Jan 2017) with supportive parents working together alongside our friendly, hardworking and committed staff.
The academy and The Christus Catholic Trust will offer:
a dynamic and collaborative team of professionals across the academy and Trust, who work together and are committed to creating an ethos of mutual support whilst providing an effective Catholic education for the children in our communities.
St Mary's Catholic Primary School and The Christus Catholic Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 30th April 2020 noon
Shortlisting date: 30th April 2020
Interviews will be held on: TBC
For an application pack please contact the Trust HR Manager on palomaGI@Christus.org.uk. A completed application form and all other related documents should be sent by email to: palomaGI@Christus.org.uk
If you experience any difficulties downloading the forms, please contact the above email address and you will be emailed the application pack.
Please note that we do not accept CVs or applications from agencies.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted