Download printable version
Philip Morant School & College
Lead Practitioner for Teaching & Learning
Pay Range: Leadership Scale L4 - L8 (£44,218 - £48,808)
Start Date: September 2020
We are seeking an outstanding individual to develop and implement Teaching and Learning initiatives and strategies which raise the teaching practice of all members of staff and therefore raise student standards and progress.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· Teach in, and make a strong contribution to, your subject area
· Contribute to the Quality of Education panel on our Senior Leadership Team (fortnightly)
· Participate in the quality assurance and self-evaluation process
· Promote current educational action research
· Support the school's teacher and learning strategy
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
· Quality Teacher Status
· Established and evidenced practice as an outstanding teacher over a prolonged period
· Evidence of a commitment to own professional development
· Outstanding classroom practitioner
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Philip Morant School & College?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, and Cycle To Work Scheme
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to email@example.com . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight,Wednesday 22nd April 2020
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
We are a large secondary school in Colchester and also enjoy a thriving Sixth Form College. We are a popular School with waiting lists for every year and are proud of our strong academic record. We have an excellent and enthusiastic staff led by a strong senior leadership team and we work hard to provide an environment where every student is valued and their varying needs met. Our pastoral care is based upon a highly successful house system and ensures support both for students and parents.