Download printable version
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic class teacher to our friendly, committed and talented team in this 'Good' (Ofsted- February 2018) small, village school. We are also extremely proud that we achieved 'Outstanding' in our SIAMS inspection in February 2016. The successful candidate must have high expectations and be able to inspire children through engaging and challenging lessons. They must be flexible, calm under pressure and have a positive attitude and good sense of humour!
We can offer:
- a very supportive and dedicated team of colleagues
- a shared passion that all children should succeed
- the opportunity to further develop skills in teaching and subject leadership
- continuing professional development
- a beautiful environment to work in!
We are seeking an excellent teacher with:
- the ability to challenge and inspire learners
- integrity, professionalism, energy and initiative
- outstanding skills in teaching and learning
- a commitment to actively support school improvement
- experience of a range of assessment strategies across the primary age range
- a friendly and caring nature, focused on supporting the whole child
- an ability to support the Christian values of the school
Wethersfield C of E (VC) Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in our care and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.
For further details please contact the school office.
Closing date 24. 04. 2020
Interviews - To be confirmed at a later date
Information about the School
Wethersfield is a small, Church of England (VC) primary school in a pretty, Essex village. It serves pupils who live in the village and neighbouring area including the MOD base at Wethersfield. The school has three classes: a mixed Foundation Stage, year 1 and 2, mixed year 3 and 4 and mixed year 5 and 6. There are currently 68 children on roll. The school works in the forward thinking, Braintree Town and Village Partnership
Last Ofsted Inspection - February 2018 GOOD. Last SIAMS inspection February 2016 - OUTSTANDING.
'The distinctiveness and effectiveness of the school as a Church school are outstanding. The school offers small classes with 14 children in the FS class for September 2016! Children's behaviour is excellent and they are keen to learn. The school is in a beautiful, rural part of Essex and has strong links with the church and local community. . Governors are extremely supportive and the staff are welcoming and friendly.'