Download printable version
Teacher - applications welcome from both NQTs and experienced teachers looking for whole school responsibility
WEF 1st September 2020 (an early start can be discussed)
We are looking to recruit a teacher for our friendly primary school in Rochford. The year group for the successful candidate will depend on their skills and experience. Waterman Primary School is small in size but big in heart. We are one of six schools that form the growing HEARTS Academy Trust, where we truly believe that children are at the centre of all that we do.
See a video of what it is like working at a HEARTS school by visiting www.heartsacademytrust.co.uk/careers
We are looking for a person who:
- has the interests of children at the heart of the work that they do
- is a good teacher and has the potential to be outstanding
- is/has the potential to be be an outstanding middle leader
- has high expectations and a determination to succeed
- is proactive, organised and able to prioritise workload
- has excellent communication skills using all forms of communication
- is confident and able to work on their own initiative
- works well with others and is calm under pressure
We can offer you:
- amazing children who deserve the very best
- a CPD entitlement with purposeful training
- supportive colleagues who want to provide the best possible opportunities for their pupils
- a dedication to reducing teacher workload with a child focused marking and feedback policy and a shared curriculum created by Lead Practitioners and Subject Champions across six schools
- a skilled school improvement team deployed by the HEARTS Academy Trust, who focus on high quality teacher CPD, with a commitment to develop the middle and senior leaders of the future
- additional school holidays in return for six twilight CPD sessions across the academic year
- a constantly improving learning environment
Visits can be arranged by contacting Abi Smith on 01702 546237 or by emailing email@example.com. Please take care to complete the application in full as incomplete applications will not be considered.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early so recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience. Please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about the School
Waterman Primary School is a small, friendly school with lovely children. The school is close to transport links. We are part of the HEARTS Academy Trust, a local Trust of schools that has the values of Happiness, achievement, self-esteem, respect & responsibility, truth, spirituality & service.
The Trust is truly innovative and rewards outstanding staff for outstanding outcomes. The school calendar year has 184 days of contact time with pupils, 5 non-pupil days, and the equivalent of 6 days of high quality continuous professional development.
The Trustees are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical checks, a prohibited from teaching check and references. References will be requested prior to interview.
For further information about the HEARTS Academy Trust please visit our website at www.heartsacademytrust.co.uk.