Download printable version
Part Time Pre-School Session Leader
Fixed Term Contract to December 2020
38 weeks per year, 15¾ hours per week
Rate of Pay £8.80 per hour
Hours - Tuesday 8.30am - 4 pm, Wednesday 12 pm - 4pm,
Thursday 8.30 am - 12 pm, Friday Staff Meeting - 8.30 am -9.45am
We are looking for a child centered, organised and flexible person with a good sense of fun and good IT knowledge to work in our inclusive Pre-School. The post will involve organising and running preschool sessions.
Working with two to three preschool assistants you will set up and run sessions that encompass preschool planning and child led activities.
● A high achieving Pre-School with an 'Outstanding' judgement from OFSTED (February 2015)
● A friendly working environment in a small Pre-School that has strong community links
● An interesting and varied range of duties and activities, including swimming, Forest School and Pre-School allotment
● Support and training
You will need:
● Minimum of Grade C GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English
● Required minimum NVQ Level 3 Childcare and Education
● Experience of roles in early years' settings, and SEND experience required
We are looking for someone who will:
● Put children first in all things
● Be flexible and able to work well in a team
● Embrace our Pre-School aims and values in partnership with others
● Work in partnership with the Pre-School Manager to help with planning, curriculum and policies.
● Have experience of working with SEND children
● Good knowledge and working practice of the EYFS and how it relates to Pre-school settings
● Demonstrate excellent communication skills to work in partnership with children, parents and Pre-School staff and to liaise with Pre-school Manager.
● Participate and help organise all Pre-School activities including Swimming, Forest School and the Pre-School allotment.
● Help us to share with the children and parents our belief in the ability of all children to achieve more.
● Have good IT skills
Session timetables will be reviewed at the end of each term so some flexibility will be required. There will also be the possibility of extra hours to cover sickness or holidays.
For an application form, or to organise a pre-application visit, contact Louise Hazell-Young (HR Officer), Honywood School, Westfield Drive, Coggeshall, Essex CO6 1PZ (tel: 01376 564707).
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 1st April 2020