Download printable version
Learning Support Assistants
Band 2: point 11 - point 16
31.83 hours per week, 44 weeks per year
Inspire their remarkable with us
Graded as 'outstanding' by Ofsted, Columbus is a leading all-age special school for children and young people aged 3-19 with severe and profound learning difficulties based in Chelmsford, Essex. We deliver an outstanding education to students in our impressive, purpose-built environment.
We are looking for dynamic and dedicated individuals to work as Learning Support Assistants with children and young people aged 3 to 19 years who have a wide range of learning difficulties and disabilities.
You could be required to work on either campus in partnership with class teachers to support pupils with severe and complex needs and to support their learning including supporting pupils in lessons, at swimming, playtime leisure and lunchtimes, and preparing teaching resources and displays.
The successful applicants will have a good standard of education, particularly in literacy and numeracy. If you feel you have these qualities we would love to hear from you!
We would strongly encourage you to visit the school - please contact the Principal's PA on 01245 491492 to arrange.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It's what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you'll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we're inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do- Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones- A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact- G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward- A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities- To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Start date - April 2020
Closing date- Thursday 2 April 2020.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the 'apply button.'
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.