Download printable version
PART-TIME TEACHING ASSISTANT REQUIRED ASAP
Scale 3 point 5 or Scale 4 for the right person
Fawbert & Barnard's is a vibrant learning community where children develop the values, attitudes and habits they need to live fulfilled lives and to become confident, life-long learners and responsible members of society. It is part of Templefields Multi-Academy Trust.
We are looking for a candidate who has experience with pupils who have additional needs and a passion for inclusion. The role could be working alongside the class teacher working with the whole class, small group work, 1:2 or 1:1 situation, depending on the learning, skills and curriculum needs. Or it could be specifically working with a pupil with high needs.
We want to ensure all pupils can access the curriculum; that their needs are met and all pupils make progress.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Have a minimum of 3 months experience working in a classroom setting
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Have experience with pupils who have Autism and Social, Emotional, Mental Health issues
- Have an understanding that behaviour is a communication
- Have experience with Zones of Regulations
- A-C GCSE or equivalent in maths and English
- Be calm and positive with a supportive approach
- Previous experience supporting pupils with special educational needs
We can offer:
- Enthusiastic children who want to learn
- A strong network of support across the three TMAT schools
- Training and coaching opportunities
- A great team
- A school committed to doing the best for each pupil
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference
- A enhanced salary for the right candidate
School visits are welcome. Please telephone the school office to make an appointment.
Information about the School
Fawbert & Barnard’s is an over-subscribed, successful, one-form entry primary school in Old Harlow.
We are a vibrant, inclusive learning community where children develop the values, attitudes and habits they need to live fulfilled lives and become confident, life-long learners and responsible members of society.
Last Ofsted - Good with Outstanding Behaviour:
‘Pupils are polite, courteous and show respect for adults and each other. They are extremely keen to learn and their excellent behaviour contributes to the good progress they make.’