Download printable version
1:1 Special Educational Needs LSA Job Advert/ description
Scale point range 3-5
27.5 hours per week
Term time only
We are looking to appoint an experienced, reliable, flexible and hardworking Learning Support Assistant to work specifically with a yr 5 child who requires 1:1 support for social and emotional difficulties.
The successful applicant must:
· Have experience of supporting children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (in addition to special educational needs)
· Have the highest expectations of achievement and behaviour for all children.
· Assist in differentiated teaching and learning, effectively managing and supporting individuals and groups of pupils.
· Show initiative and the willingness to work as part of a team.
· Be resilient and have a positive "can do" attitude.
· Have a good standard of literacy and numeracy (must have A-C GCSE Maths and English).
· Have a calm, patient and positive approach to working with children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
· Have a good understanding of child development and a range of issues including behaviour management and social and emotional wellbeing.
· Liaise closely with Class Teachers, SENCO and Senior Leaders to deliver The National Curriculum/ EYFS and specific intervention programmes.
An NVQ Level 2 in learning support/early years, NNEB or other equivalent qualification would be desirable.
The successful applicant will be awarded a 'task specific' contract for the duration of the child's time at St Mary's.
Information about the School
Our school is rapidly improving and expanding under new headship. We strive to enhance the lives of our children with a solid education underpinned with strong Christian values. We are at the centre of community life and have strong links with the parish church of St. Mary's, Prittlewell.