Download printable version
Learning Support Assistant
£11,304 (Actual Salary including Outer Fringe Allowance)
26.5 Hours per week, Permanent
Inspire their Remarkable with us
Pioneer is a very successful special school providing for children and young people between the ages of 3 to 19 with Severe and Complex Learning Difficulties. We have purpose built facilities and an opportunity has arisen to join our team in this exciting environment.
We are looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to work in partnership with class teachers to support pupils' learning in line with codes of practice and school policies and procedures. The successful candidate will be required to attend to pupils' personal needs, helping with social, welfare, care and health matters, which may include toileting, dressing, feeding and mobility.
Previous experience of working with children with special educational needs is essential.
All shortlisted candidates will be required to take a basic numeracy & literacy test.
For an informal discussion about the post or to arrange a visit, please contact us on 01268 243300.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It's what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you'll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we're inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Start date- As soon as possible.
Interview date-Thursday 2 April 2020.
Closing date- Thursday 26 March 2020.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today: by clicking on the 'apply now' button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.