Download printable version
We're looking for someone to continue and develop our wonderfully inclusive school. You'll need fantastic people skills, high levels of emotional intelligence and the ability to support children, staff and parents as our leader of inclusion and SENDCO.
Due to our current Assistant Headteacher retiring at the end of this year we require a unique person to fill this important role in our school.
Job role: To provide high quality support for pupils with SEND and lead on the development of strategies to support children and their families with mental health and well-being. To line manage SEND LSAs and provide appropriate ongoing training for staff across the school.
You will be:
· Passionate about education and making the lives of children better
· Have at least 5 years teaching experience
· Ideally have been SENDCO in a Primary school
· Have the National SENDCO qualification or be willing to work towards it
· Be able to support vulnerable children and their families
· Have a strong interest in the mental health and well-being of our children
· Have excellent child development knowledge and understand the individual needs of children
· Be committed to working as part of a supportive team
· Resilient and have a 'can do' attitude!
· A position on our Senior Leadership Team
· A caring environment where all staff and pupils are valued and encouraged
· A non-class based role (unless otherwise required in future)
· Access to a supportive network of SENDCOs in our cluster of schools
· Excellent CPD opportunities
· A school that thinks about workload and your well-being.
· Wonderful children to work with
· Staff meetings that include cake!
The right person for this job will require strong strategic and operational experience. This is a role that requires well developed SEND knowledge and the ability to support children and families who often find school and life a challenge. The ability to listen, nurture and provide advice is essential. At Gosbecks we pride ourselves on providing bespoke care for children and always being available for parents and carers. As AHT and Head of Inclusion your role will be varied and never dull. Working closely with the headteacher and providing support for staff will be fundamental for school improvement. If you are passionate about making a real difference to the lives of our wonderful children, then this is the job for you.
Visits to the School are warmly welcomed and encouraged; please contact the School office on 01206 575407 to make an appointment.