Download printable version
Class teacher - Spetember 2020
MPR + 1 SEN Allowance
UPR +1 SEN for candidates with suitable experience
UK QTS Essential
This is a great opportunity to join our outstanding school at a time of exciting growth and innovation.
Our committed staff team would welcome a person who is skilled, creative and compassionate.
You would be joining a large and diverse team of professionals working with learners with a wide range of complex needs including severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties, medical needs and autism.
Glenwood is a successful special school for pupils aged 3-19 yrs. We currently provide for more than 220 young people. In September 2017 we moved into a superb new building and our next exciting project, developing a 20 bed residential provision, as part of the school.
The post is suitable for newly qualified or experienced teachers. We are experienced and successful in supporting teachers new to this phase of education. We also welcome applications from experienced teachers looking to further their careers.
Visits to the school area must to anyone interested in finding out more about this phase of education. Visits are expected as part of the application process because of the unique and exciting nature of our work. Please contact the school to book a visit.
The highest commitment to improving the lives of young people and their parents/carers is essential.
You will be:
· able to imagine life from each individual learners' point of view
· an outstanding classroom practitioner who is creative and innovative
· passionate about supporting young people with additional needs and disabilities
· excellent at forming positive relationships and building partnerships
· self-motivated and driven by opportunities to make a positive difference
· a skilled communicator
· positive and resourceful, and able to embrace change
. committed to implementing best safeguarding practice
We can offer you the opportunity to:
· spend time with amazing young people and their parents/carers
· develop your skills, knowledge and understanding at the cutting edge of education
· join a hardworking, committed and professional team of staff and a supportive governing body
· work in a school with an excellent reputation in the community at a time of exciting chnage
· collaborate with a wide range of partner agencies