Download printable version
Full time Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator and Designated Safeguarding Lead, with some teaching responsibility (across all year groups).
Pay-scale: Main-scale Teacher / Upper pay spine
Appointment for Easter or September
Kirby Primary Academy, Halstead Road, Kirby Cross, Frinton on Sea, Essex, CO13 0LW
Tel: 01255 674056 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator and Designated Safeguarding Lead at Kirby Primary Academy. We are a member of the REAch2 Trust, a national family of primary academies committed to raising standards and achieving excellence for all pupils, whatever their background or circumstance. This school has been on a rapid journey of improvement and we are all dedicated to securing an exceptional educational experience for every child.
We are looking are for someone who:
· Holds both QTS and the National SENCO award
· Has an understanding, knowledge and experience of supporting the progress of pupils with a range of abilities, additional needs and talents.
· Has a dedication to removing barriers to progress, including social disadvantage.
· Will be responsible for day-to-day operation of the SEN policy and co-ordination of specific provision to support individual pupils with SEN or a disability.
· Understands children's emotional and social well-being.
· Has experience of working at senior leadership level and competence in leading impactfully.
· Can line manage and deploy a team of Learning Support Assistants, evaluating provision and impact.
· Has the ability to lead and support new initiatives and a passion for the curriculum offer for all pupils.
· Will provide professional guidance to colleagues, working closely with staff, parents and other agencies.
· Fosters and demonstrates a love for learning.
· Has high expectations of children's learning and conduct.
· Prioritises the safeguarding of all children.
· An Ofsted GOOD school with a stable staff body, in a supportive and dynamic trust.
· Well-behaved and responsive children who are a joy to serve.
· Supportive and dedicated colleagues, waiting to warmly welcome you,
· Opportunities for professional development within the school and across our cluster of local schools.
· An inclusive workplace where individuality is embraced.
We prioritise safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Each post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate, committed and highly organised SENCo to join our school to continue on our journey to great! We offer enthusiastic, exceptionally well-behaved pupils who thrive on opportunities and experience and a very supportive team of teachers and support staff. If you are seeking a vibrant, forward-thinking, joyful school to dedicate yourself to, get in touch.
We actively encourage visits to the school and you will be warmly welcomed by colleagues and pupils alike. We reserve the right to employ an exceptional applicant prior to the closing date. Some interviews may be held by Skype or Zoom.
Closing date: 25/02/2020
Interview date: 28/02/2020
For more information, to book a visit or to request an application pack, please contact:
School Business Manager: Miss Mandy Smith 01255 674056
Information about the School
Kirby Primary Academy is a one-form entry school, located near Frinton-on-Sea, Essex. This school is 'Dedicated to Lifelong Learning' and aims to give our children exceptional educational experiences. Take a look at our website for more information about the school and its trust (REAch2).
Information about the School
Kirby Primary Academy is a one-form entry school, located near Frinton-on-Sea, Essex. This school is 'Dedicated to Lifelong Learning' and aims to give our children exceptional educational experiences.