Download printable version
Philip Morant School & College
Head of House
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale £24,373 - £40,490 (M1 - U3) with TLR2a
Start Date: Easter 2020
We are seeking an outstanding individual to be responsible for the social, academic and educational welfare of students in their House, complementary to the whole school and college ethos. Integral to this position is the management of the form tutors attached to the House, ensuring the implementation of the pastoral programme through good working practice.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· To work with other Heads of House, House Managers and Assistant Headteacher to establish clear criteria for assigning all students in the school into a House system.
· To ensure safeguarding procedures are strictly followed.
· To monitor, track and implement a staged approach to improve attendance of all students, form groups and target groups.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Philip Morant School & College?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, and Cycle To Work Scheme
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, 24th February 2020
Shortlisting will take place on 25th February 2020.
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
We are a large secondary school in Colchester and also enjoy a thriving Sixth Form College. We are a popular School with waiting lists for every year and are proud of our strong academic record. We have an excellent and enthusiastic staff led by a strong senior leadership team and we work hard to provide an environment where every student is valued and their varying needs met. Our pastoral care is based upon a highly successful house system and ensures support both for students and parents.