Download printable version
The Christus Catholic Trust are seeking to appoint:
Higher Level Teaching Assistant
27.5 hours per week - 08:45 to 3:15pm - term time only - permanent basis
Salary - Band 5 - Point 18 to 26 (CCT Thurrock Academies Pay Scale)
Salary Range: £21,680 - £27,448 FTE (to be pro-rata)
Start date: as soon as possible
Location: St Joseph's Catholic Primary, Stanford Le Hope, Essex
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is able to provide learning activities for classes under the professional direction and supervision of a qualified teacher and who is able to plan, prepare and deliver lessons and assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment.
The primary responsibilities and requirements for this role are:
· Use teaching and learning objectives to plan challenging teaching and learning objectives and to evaluate and adjust lessons/work plans as appropriate within agreed systems of supervision
· Assess the needs of pupils and use detailed knowledge and specialist skills to support pupils' learning
· Deliver learning activities to pupils, adjusting activities according to pupil responses/needs.
· Organise and manage appropriate learning environment
· Monitor and evaluate pupil responses to learning activities through a range of assessment and monitoring strategies against
pre-determined learning objectives
· Establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
· Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom
· Support pupils consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs
The successful candidate should be:
· Ability to apply a range of behaviour management policies and strategies which contribute to a purposeful learning environment professional and reliable
· Ability to use clear language to communicate information unambiguously
· Ability to listen effectively experienced working in a primary school environment (desirable)
· Excellent reading and writing skills equivalent to at least NVQ Level 2
· Successful recent experience working with children in a learning environment
· Meet Higher Level Teaching Assistant standards
· Educated to NVQ Level 4 or equivalent
Information about the Academy:
St Joseph's Catholic Primary is located at Stanford-Le-Hope and is part of a multi academy trust (The Christus Catholic Trust), which currently has 5 primary schools. St Joseph's is a single form entry located in the heart of a diverse community. The latest Ofsted Inspection rates them as a 'good' school.
The academy and The Christus Catholic Trust will offer:
· a dynamic and collaborative team of professionals across the academy and Trust, who work together and are committed to creating an ethos of mutual support whilst providing an effective Catholic education for the children in our communities.
St Joseph's Catholic Primary School and The Christus Catholic Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 21st February 2020 by midday.
Shortlisting date: 24th February 2020.
Interviews will be held on: 02nd March 2020
For an application pack please contact the Trust HR Manager on palomaGI@Christus.org.uk. A completed application form and all other related documents should be sent by email to: palomaGI@Christus.org.uk
If you experience any difficulties downloading the forms, please contact the above email address and you will be emailed the application pack.
Please note that we do not accept CVs or applications from agencies.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted