Download printable version
The duties will include:
Position Start Date:ASAP
Salary: 37 hours per week - 45.6 week permanent contract
Band 2 whole range Point 3-6 (£15,777 - £16,766 actual salary)
Leigh Beck Junior School is a three-form entry junior school in the heart of the Canvey Island community. We are a large, vibrant junior school with an explicit emphasis on developing the whole child as a person and as a learner. The Attendance and Data Officer will be responsible for the entry and maintenance of student data in the School Information Management System (SIMS). Previous experience of working in a school environment and of the SIMS system is desirable.
The successful candidate will be:
- Warm and welcolming, as a point of contact for parents, pupils and visitors
- Have excellent communication skills, use discretion and confidentiality
- Proactive and take responsbility for improving attendance across the school
- Have excellent computer skills including Word and Excel
- Have experience with using internet, email and other software packages (Sims would be an advantage)
- Educated to minimum GCSE C in English and Maths
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Support the school's vision, ethos and values
- Organised, meet tight deadlines working in a busy environment
- Have a passion for motivating and supporting pupils to achieve their very best
We can offer you:
- An exciting opportunity to join the Lion Education Trust, a forward looking and innovative Multi-Academy Trust.
- A vibrant and rapidly improving school with rewards and opportunities for motivated and committed individuals.
- A dynamic and dedicated team of staff who want the best for their children.
- Innovative CPD which is of the highest quality.
This is a public facing role and the successful candidate must speak fluent English.
The Trust is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, the successful applicant must provide satisfactory references and will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure, along with all relevant safeguarding checks.
Visits to the school are encouraged; please contact Karen Egleton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01268 683037 to book an appointment.