Download printable version
Member of SEND Support Team
We are looking to appoint a positive and highly motivated person to become part of the school's SEND Support Team. This role plays a vital role in ensuring that some of the most vulnerable children within the school are provided with the support they require to access the school's ambitious and broad curriculum.
Hours per week: 26.25
Weeks per year:44.3/45.1 weeks per year (depending on length of service)
Applications close on 2nd March 2020. Interviews will be held week beginning 9th March 2020.
Start Date: 20th April 2020 (Earlier start will be available)
The School's Governing Board is committed to:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, of children and young people;
- Promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of different backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued;
- Promoting the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs;
and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share this commitment. It is recognised that this can only be achieved through sound procedures, good interagency co-operation and the recruitment and retention of competent, motivated employees who are suited to, and fulfilled in the roles they undertake.
We are looking for an individual who has:
- Experience of supporting children with social and emotional developmental needs;
- A high level of emotional intelligence and excellent communication/interaction skills;
- Energy, enthusiasm and a flexible approach with the ability to look upon demands as an opportunity to be positive and inspirational;
- A belief in inclusion, diversity and access and the right of each pupil to maximise their potential whatever their needs and abilities;
- Works well as part of a team and has a commitment to improving and developing their own practice.
We can offer you:
- A well-resourced learning environment with an enthusiastic and supportive staff;
- A forward looking school that is dedicated to the success of all children and staff;
- A supportive and friendly SEND team that work closely together to ensure the best outcomes are achieved for our children;
- A school that cares about the wellbeing of both children and staff.
If you would like to find out more information about the role or the school, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01702557979. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.