Download printable version
An exciting opportunity has arisen to take on the roles and responsibilities of the SENCo position at our school whilst our current SENCo is on maternity leave.
We are looking to appoint a highly committed professional and inspiring SENCo (including responsibility for PPG children). The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and organised person, who has excellent SEN practices, inspires and challenges children, has high standards of pastoral care and can communicate effectively with all stakeholders. We seek a person who believes that all children are entitled to a high quality education and actively promotes the school mission statement of "Realising the potential of every child within a caring, Christian community."
The successful candidate must meet the following criteria.
- Be a qualified teacher with 5 years or more teaching experience
- Experience of working at senior leadership level
- Have the National Award for SEN Co-ordination or be working towards it
- Experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Knowledge of the latest SEN Code of Practice
- Be knowledgeable in supporting the progress of pupils with a range of abilities and additional needs - Pupil Premium, EAL and Most Able
- Line manage and deploy a team of Teaching Assistants evaluating provision and their impact
Applicants will need to support the Christian ethos of the school.
Informal visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the School Office.
'St. Thomas of Canterbury C of E Junior School is committed to safeguarding principles and promoting the welfare of children in our care and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Following safer recruitment procedures the successful applicant will be appointed subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, satisfactory references and medical clearance.'
Application details and further information can be requested from the School Office.