Download printable version
Berlesduna Academy Trust has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Finance Officer to join the Trust team.
The position is 37 hours per week, term time plus 2 weeks during the school holidays.
Salary Scale 6, Point 12 (within range 12-17). Actual Salary £19,797 per annum, plus paid mileage
Applications close: 23rd February 2020. Interview date: 2nd March 2020.
Berlesduna Academy Trust is based in Basildon and currently comprises seven primary schools as well as a Teacher Training Partnership and Autism Hub. The Trust is growing rapidly and is a vibrant, exciting and dynamic place to learn and work.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Finance Officer to assist the Head of Finance and Operations, providing valuable finance support to all the schools within the Trust. You will need to have a clean driving licence and be able to travel around all the schools in the Trust. Mileage will be paid when travelling between schools.
The successful applicant will:
· Have experience of working within financial administration, ideally within an educational environment, with a good understanding of financial processes, reconciliations, budget management and monitoring
· Have a methodical, flexible and enthusiastic approach, demonstrating a high degree of accuracy and thorough approach to all tasks
· Have experience working with specialised financial software (PS Financials)
· Be able to liaise with a range of colleagues across the Trust and play a vital role in ensuring that we continue to meet our statutory responsibilities and deliver an effective and efficient service
If successful you can expect:
· commitment to continued professional development
· enthusiastic and supportive staff in a successful and expanding Multi-Academy Trust
· a forward-thinking schools that are dedicated to the success of all children and staff
We strongly advise a visit to the Trust is made prior to application. Visits can be arranged by contacting Lisa Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 01268 464759.
Please take care to complete the application in full as incomplete applications will not be considered.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early so recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Information about the School
The vision of the Berlesduna Academy Trust is to create and foster a culture of high aspiration, enjoyment for learning, academic success and lifelong skills amongst all pupils, regardless of their social, economic or cultural background.