Download printable version
DEPUTY SENDCo - TLR2c £6925
Required for September 2020
The college is seeking a well-qualified, innovative and enthusiastic specialist to join our SEN Department as a deputy to our SENDCo. The successful applicant will be an inclusive practitioner with experience in supporting students with SEND and be able to take a strategic approach to communicating student needs to all stakeholders. They will have approximately 25% SEN time:
· 30 periods of teaching
· 4 periods of 1:1 SEN 1:1 teaching
· 3.5 periods PPA
· 12.5 periods SEN time
The successful candidate will be:
● committed to providing the very best learning opportunities for their students
● able to challenge all students to make exceptional progress
● a strong team player who forms excellent relationships with staff, parents and students
● willing to support the strong Catholic ethos of our college
We can offer you:
● a warm and welcoming college with excellent links to parish communities
● enthusiastic and well-behaved students who are eager to learn
● supportive, hardworking staff, governors and parents
● opportunities to further your professional development
We are a highly respected and over-subscribed Catholic college that Ofsted found to be outstanding in its commitment to the social, moral and spiritual development of all its students. Our recent section 48 inspection found the college to have many other areas of outstanding practice.
The governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all young people and expects all staff to share that commitment. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check. Applications will only be accepted on the college application form.
We would be delighted to arrange an informal visit; please contact Mrs Lyndsey Humble SENDCo, on 01206 549222.Further details and an application pack are available on the college website, www.stbenedicts.essex.sch.uk or from Mrs Angela Jones, HR Administrator: telephone 01206 549222; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Midday on Monday 2nd March 2020 with interviews to be undertaken on the 13th March 2020. Early applications are encouraged. If there is a sufficiently strong field, the college may choose to interview before the closing date.