Download printable version
NQT/Teacher of PE
Required: Easter 2020
Main/Upper Pay Range
Part-time (4 days per week)
From Easter 2020 we are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and suitably qualified PE teacher, who will enjoy working in a school that values and delivers excellent professional development. The successful candidate will be capable of inspiring students through their passion for the subject, and have a firm belief in the potential of all students.
PE is taught from KS3 to KS5 and is a very successful option at GCSE producing consistently excellent results with vocational sport courses being delivered as well at KS4 and KS5. We are looking for someone with excellent subject knowledge in PE who is keen to try new ideas in a supportive environment. There is an extra-curricular PE programme in place where teams regularly compete locally, regionally and nationally. The successful candidate must be willing to fully commit to before school, lunchtime and afterschool extra-curricular commitments. Student results in 2019 were 100% (grade 4 or above) at GCSE and 100% A* - C at A Level.
We can offer you:
· A dedicated and experienced hardworking team of staff
· Enthusiastic, friendly and talented students
· The opportunity to develop within a highly effective multi academy trust
You will need to:
· Possess good behaviour management skills
· Be a good and effective communicator at all levels
· Be open minded, creative and inspirational in your style of teaching
· Commit to working collaboratively with colleagues and students
· Utilise a variety of teaching methods and ensure that your lessons are engaging at all levels
Applications are welcome from experienced colleagues who are looking for a change or newly qualified teachers who are starting on their career path. For anyone considering returning to teaching you will be fully supported back into the classroom. We offer excellent NQT support including a bespoke programme of training and mentors.
For further information please contact Angie Roberts, HR Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org