Download printable version
Westlands is a thriving, inclusive and happy school in the centre of a diverse and exciting community, with our children at the centre of all we do.
37 hours per week.
Term time with prearranged working weeks in the school holidays.
Westlands Community Primary school are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, efficient and organised School Business Manager, with a high level of experience and knowledge in school management. You will work alongside our Bursar and within our busy school office team:
The successful candidate will have responsibility for:
- Personnel - including: being responsible for HR functions within the schools, including maintenance of the Single Central Records, payroll submissions, and recruitment. Maintain accurate HR and training records. Manage and maintain GDPR compliance
- Premises - Manage the schools' premises, oversee maintenance and improvement programmes. Liaise with both internal and external colleagues.
- Complete and submit statutory returns as and when required.
- Line management of designated staff
We are seeking an individual who:-
- Can show initiative, remain calm and rise to challenges
- Has excellent interpersonal skills
- Prioritises and manage a varied workload
- Inspires and motivates colleagues
- Has a "can do" attitude and leads by example
- Understands the needs of a school office environment
Further information can be provided by Mrs S Hayden on 01245 251700 and visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please call for an appointment.
The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive, just an example of some of the appropriate duties for the job, skills and grade.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Westlands School promotes a sense of community and places a strong emphasis on developing skills for learning and positive attitudes towards achievement. The school is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a successful DBS check and other pre-recruitment checks.