Download printable version
De La Salle School is a thriving oversubscribed fully comprehensive and inclusive 11-16 school.
We have an exciting opportunity at our fantastic school site for a Catering Assistant to join our team, 10 hours per week, Monday to Friday term-time only.
You will need to be a fast working all-rounder. Working as part of a team your daily tasks will mainly consist of general kitchen duties, serving food, food preparation, cleaning and washing up. This is a customer facing position so in addition to the above you will also need good communication skills.
Whilst the successful candidate is not required to be Catholic, you would be expected to support and follow the Catholic ethos of the School.
Our ideal candidate will:
· support and follow the Catholic ethos of the School
· have experience of working in a school kitchen
· be a good role model for students and staff, with high expectations for self and others
· have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills
· have a good Health & Safety knowledge
· have a knowledge of nutrition and a genuine interest and willingness to trial different ideas in order to help students learn how to eat healthily
· be committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils.
You will work term time only (paid 44.3 weeks per year), Monday to Friday, 12.50pm-14.50pm. Your salary will be paid Scale 2 point 2 £17,711.00 full time equivalent, plus outer fringe allowance of £609.00 full time equivalent.
Closing date for applications is Friday the 21st of February 2020.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical check and references.