Download printable version
We have an exciting opportunity for a Learning Support Assistant to join our school.
The role will be to predominantly provide support on an individual child basis but could also involve small group work.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Good standard of maths and English, both written and spoken (O Level or GCSE grade C or above)
- Extend children's learning and develop their critical thinking through skilled questioning
- Confident in making judgments about children's abilities and provide insightful and useful observations
- Maintain appropriate and accurate records of assessment
- Should have creative ideas which can be contributed to the planning of activities
- Have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills plus be able to multitask
- Demonstrate high expectations of achievement for all pupils
- Ability to work as part of a team but to act independently if required
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on new tasks
- Must have a warm and positive approach towards all children, staff, parents and carers
- Good sense of humour
Days: Monday to Friday (term time only)
Hours: 8:30am to 11:30am (15 hours)
Annual salary - £18,065 to £18,795 (pro rata- see below) plus £609 Outer Fridge Allowance (OFA)
In real terms: £6,222 to £6,473 plus £209.77 OFA (annually)
Contract: Initially until the end of the summer term but with the possibility of changing to permanent.
If you are interested, please call our Headteacher, Ryan Duff, for an informal chat and maybe book a tour of the school.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 26th February 2020 (midday)
Shortlisting date - Thursday 27th February 2020 (you will be contacted on this day only if you are successful)
Interviews to be held - Tuesday 3rd March 2020
Position Starts: As soon as practically possible
Take a look at our website to get a feel for our school - www.LarchwoodPrimary.co.uk or Twitter page https://twitter.com/LarchwoodPS
Our Governing Board is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references, medical check and an enhanced DBS check.
We look forward to hearing from you.