Download printable version
Deputy Headteacher with classroom responsibility
Salary L5- L9/ £46224 - £51024
Start Date: 01/09/2020
The Governors of Great Waltham C of E VC Primary School are looking to appoint an inspirational, enthusiastic and approachable Deputy Headteacher to join our school staff.
The role comprises 3.5 days as a year 5/6 class teacher with 1.5 days release time for the first year, (of which 1 day is reserved for leadership responsibilities as a member of school senior leadership team).
The school is located inGreat Waltham village, consisting of 6 classes (mixed age group in KS2) and set in generous and beautiful rural grounds. The school is well resourced and outward facing, working in a strong partnership with 7 local primary schools. We are proud of our church status and form strong links with the local community. With an enriched curriculum we participate in many events across the school year with variety in abundance.
Our school strapline is 'Let Our Light Shine' and the pupils can articulate well the journey they experience living up to this ideal. We are proud of our school lifelong values which are central to all that we do at Great Waltham C of E Primary school. The acronym ASPIRE is made up from the following values;
Aspiration, Strength, Perseverance, Integrity, Responsibility and Empathy
We are looking for an individual who:-
• Has high expectations and enthusiasm for the education of young children.
• Has excellent management, communication, computing and teaching skills.
• Will support the Headteacher with leading and motivating pupils and staff at this 'Good' school by setting examples for others to follow.
• Can actively participate in and develop further our local schools' partnerships.
In exchange we can offer you:
• A dedicated Headteacher, team of staff and Governors.
• Friendly and enthusiastic and well behaved pupils.
• A commitment to your career development.
• Great facilities and outdoor spaces with huge potential.
• A strong partnership with stakeholders; parents, Governors and the wider community.
Visits to the school pre-application are warmly welcomed and encouraged.
Please contact the school office to book a tour.
Please complete the Application Form, ensuring that your statement relates to the job description. In compliance with safer recruitment guidelines, CVs will not be accepted.
Your completed application should be sent by email to the School Business Manager, Nichola.firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post to:-
Mrs N. Goodwin -School Business Manager
Great Waltham C o E VC Primary School
Information about the School
Great Waltham Church of England VC Primary School is situated in the pretty village of Great Waltham catering for pupils from 4 - 11. The school was built in 1865 and has wonderful character and beautiful grounds.
We pride ourselves in creating a caring environment based on Christian values which allows children to reach their full academic, social, moral and physical potential. The ethos of the school is to ASPIRE which is an acronym for Aspiration, strength, perseverance, integrity, responsibility and empathy, all staff and children hold these values dearly.