Download printable version
SPEECH AND LANGUAGE RESOURCE BASE (SLRB) MANAGER AND OUTREACH SPECIALIST TEACHER
Salary - Leading Practitioner 1 to 5 (£41,267 - £45,543)
Starting April 2020 (or as agreed for suitable candidates, e.g. September 2020)
With the retirement of our current specialist teachers, we are looking to appoint a motivated Speech and Language Resource Base (SLRB) Manager and Outreach Specialist Teacher to be part of the Senior Leadership Team. The successful candidate will continue to build on the success of our highly regarded base for children with speech and language difficulties and be responsible for delivery of the outreach service across Southend-On-Sea (2 days a week).
- would thrive on the challenge of managing the base to further successes and ensuring the progress of children with speech and language difficulties
- have proven expertise and experience in teaching and assessing children with speech and language difficulties
- have proven experience of offering advice, support and training to staff, parents and outside agencies
- can evidence working well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- are an excellent communicator and motivator who works inclusively and cohesively with children, staff, parents, and the wider school community
We can offer you:
- a vibrant, caring and welcoming school and well respected base with children who engage enthusiastically with their learning
- strong support from the base staff and Senior Leadership Team, and well-established links with the Local Authority, who commission this service, and outside services, e.g. SALT
- an emphasis on professional development linked to speech and language difficulties
The Speech and Language Resource Base is part of Fairways Primary School. Information can be found via www.fairways.southend.sch.uk/speech-and-language-resource-base/
To arrange a visit or if you have any questions, please contact Mr L Pinchback preferably by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01702 525693
Fairways Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to pre-employment checks; references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
School Visits: 26th February to 4th March 2020
Closing Date: 12pm 9th March 2020
Interviews and Assessment Day:19th March 2020 (possibly extended to 20th March depending on the number of shortlisted candidates)
Information about the School
Fairways Primary School has 432 pupils on roll and the school has a two-form entry, with most classes containing 30 children. The Speech and Language Resource Base is an integral part of the school, the resource base children are included in all aspects of school life, with some fully included in mainstream classes.
Set in extensive attractive grounds, the school buildings are spacious and very well maintained. There are two halls, group work areas, individual classrooms, a superbly resourced library and an ICT suite.
There are large playgrounds and a wide range of seasonal sports facilities including athletics track, hockey pitch, rounders squares and football pitches.
Fairways is a very happy, caring school with a dedicated staff who are working together to improve and maintain the quality of education at the school. The school had an OFSTED inspection in February 2018, to be told that we are a 'good' school.
The Governors and Staff at Fairways believe that the school should provide a stimulating and challenging environment where a lifelong passion for learning is nurtured.