Download printable version
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Learning Support Assistant who can work with a range of children with special educational needs in our school.
The post is:
· 15 hours a week, Monday to Friday mornings,
· Term time only (39 weeks plus pro rota holiday pay),
· Actual salary is £6,218,
· TEMPORARY until July 2020.
The vital role of a Learning Support Assistant plays an integral part in our school by supporting children through times of need with high quality intervention and understanding.
Our school is currently seeking an enthusiastic and committed Learning Support Assistant to support children with identified learning and behavioural needs in KS1. Previous experience of working with young children is essential. Experience of SEND is desirable. However, additional training would be offered for the preferred candidate.
The ideal candidate will:
· be enthusiastic and flexible,
· be able to work co-operatively as part of a close-knit team,
· have knowledge and experience of working with children with special educational needs,
· have excellent behaviour management skills,
· be positive and motivational,
· have good communication skills.
You will be expected to:
· take some responsibility for supporting interventions,
· help to organise resources to create a positive learning environment
· motivate children,
· work with the SENCO, teachers and other LSAs to coordinate work,
· help the children you support to take part in school events and activities,
· be patient, empathetic, and have an ability to build rapport with children and their parents,
· have a clear understanding of safeguarding and keeping children safe in education.
St George's Infant School & nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment will be subject to satisfactory references, DBS and medical checks.
Information about the School
St George’s Infant School and Nursery is a three-form entry school serving the local community of New Town Colchester. We are a very cohesive and inclusive school and we aim to ensure that every member of our school community is equally valued.
We have good links with local community groups and work closely with our partner junior school, with whom we aim to amalgamate during 2020-2021. We are also part of the Tiptree and Stanway Consortium of schools.
A school that is on the rise, we have new leadership in place and a team of colleagues committed to providing the very best for our young people.
Applications must be via the online form. You can visit our two schools at: