Download printable version
Westlands is a thriving, inclusive and happy school in the centre of a diverse and exciting community, with our children at the centre of all we do.
Job Title: Receptionist and School Administrator
37 hours per week. Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 4.30pm, Friday 8.30am - 4.00pm
Term time plus one week (Days to be agreed)
Possible earlier start date for the right candidate.
The duties and responsibilities will include:
· We are looking for a warm, motivated and reliable professional to work in the main school office team.
· Deal with enquiries and provide information and advice about the school for parents/carers, pupils and visitors both in person, via telephone and in writing.
· Maintain & update manual and computerised records/management systems.
· Provide general clerical support e.g. photocopying, filing, emailing, complete routine forms.
· Carry out First Aid and update records as required.
· Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
· Experience of working in a school office and a knowledge of SIMS, FMS and Parentmail are desirable.
· Proficient in using IT systems, including Microsoft Windows and Office packages.
· GCSE qualification, Grade A-C (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics.
· A willingness to participate in and a commitment to training and professional development.
· First Aid Certificate an advantage.
· Sense of humour is essential!
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Flexibility, with a "can-do" attitude.
· Excellent planning and organisational skills.
· Manage and prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
· Demonstrate discretion and sensitivity when dealing with all matters.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive, just an example of some of the appropriate duties for the job, skills and grade.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Visits to the school are welcomed before applying for this post. Please call 01245 251700 for an appointment.
Westlands School promotes a sense of community and places a strong emphasis on developing skills for learning and positive attitudes towards achievement. The school is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a successful DBS check and other pre-recruitment checks.