Download printable version
Merrylands Primary School and Nursery has an exciting opportunity for a SEN Learning Support Assistant to join the team to provide one to one support for a child with complex needs.
The hours are 8.45am to 3.20pm, Monday to Friday, term time only.
Salary Band 2, Point 3 (Range 3-5), Actual Salary £11,647
Applications close on 23rd February 2020. Interviews will be held w/c 2nd March 2020.
Merrylands Primary School and Nursery is located in Cumberland Drive, Laindon, Basildon. We are one of seven schools which form the Berlesduna Academy Trust (www.berlesduna.co.uk), where the vision is to create and foster a culture of high aspiration, enjoyment for learning, academic success and lifelong skills amongst all pupils, regardless of their social, economic or cultural background.
We are looking for an individual who has:
· Experience of supporting children with social and emotional developmental needs
· A high level of emotional intelligence and excellent communication/interaction skills
· Energy, enthusiasm and a flexible approach with the ability to look upon demands as an opportunity to be positive and inspirational
· A belief in inclusion, diversity and access and the right of each pupil to maximise their potential whatever their needs and abilities
· Works well as part of a team and has a commitment to improving and developing their own practice
We can offer you:
· a well-resourced learning environment with an enthusiastic and supportive staff
· a forward looking school that is dedicated to the success of all children and staff
· a commitment to continued professional development
Berlesduna is Trust that values and invests in staff, excellent training, development and planned career progression
We strongly advise a visit to the school is made prior to application. Visits can be arranged by contacting Gaynor Collier at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 01268 417893.
Please take care to complete the application in full as incomplete applications will not be considered.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early so recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Should you require any further documentation please do not hesitate to contact us.
Information about the School
Merrylands Primary School and Nursery has an excellent reputation in the local community. We are one of seven schools that form the Berlesduna Academy Trust (www.berlesduna.co.uk), where the vision is to create and foster a culture of high aspiration, enjoyment for learning, academic success and lifelong skills amongst all pupils, regardless of their social, economic or cultural background.