Download printable version
Head of Provision: GROW (Secondary)
Pay Range: £36,000 - £40,000
Start Date: April 2020
We are seeking a suitably experienced and qualified individual to become the Head of Provision for a Secondary GROW provision to work with children with social and emotional wellbeing needs.
The provision will be based in the Stanway Youth Centre in the grounds of The Stanway School in Colchester.
GROW for primary aged children is now a well-established enhanced provision across 3 quadrants in Essex. More information about GROW can be found at www.growessex.uk.
Secondary GROW will be an alternative education provision based on the same values and principles as the Primary GROW model. It will be aimed at students who are transitioning from the primary to secondary phase that have been identified as requiring this form of alternative provision. It will initially focus at students who will be starting in Year 7. It will provide each child with a personalised curriculum for their individual needs. This will be monitored and reviewed carefully.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· To provide high quality specialist educational support for KS3 children whose needs are related to social and emotional wellbeing;
· To enable children to make demonstrable progress in their social and emotional development and with their learning;
· Ensure the smooth and efficient running of the GROW provision with specialist staff suitably deployed to meet the needs of the children on a daily basis;
· Meet with parents/carers to ensure partnership working progresses and regular purposeful reviews take place.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you:
· Have NVQ Level 3 in learning support/behaviour support or equivalent qualification or experience;
· Are able to make a proactive contribution to the work of a team supporting children, their families and carers;
· Are able to assess progress and performance and recommend appropriate strategies to support development;
· Are able to establish rapport and build respectful and trusting relationships with children, their families and carers and other adults
Why work for The Sigma Trust?
We can offer you:
· A competitive salary
· Robust CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee benefits including: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Eyecare scheme and Cycle To Work scheme
This post is offered on a full time basis including Term time and School closure periods)
For additional information about The Sigma Trust, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
We welcome applications from both teaching and
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to email@example.com . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: 9am on Friday 21st February 2020
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.