Download printable version
Are you interested in our school to help us achieve our aim of being "an outstanding school in the heart of the community."?
"A good school where all leaders and managers have high ambitions for the students, ensuring every student has the opportunity to achieve as well as they can" - Ofsted.
Positive Progress 8 scores and improving Physical Education results for the last three years. Above National average for percentage of students gaining English & Maths grade 4.
The post is a permanent appointment and suitable for experienced teachers or a NQT seeking their first post.
We are seeking to appoint a passionate and highly motivated individual who will contribute to the continued improvements in provision and results achieved in recent years. The appointed person will play a significant role in contributing to the development of a curriculum, designed with the intention to challenge and enthuse students. They will also play a significant role in the future planning for the Department and expanding existing community links as well as forging new relationships both locally and nationally.
The Department currently offers a broad curriculum of physical activities, Edexcel GCSE Physical Education, GCSE & BTEC Dance and a wide range of extra-curricular activities. Strong partnership links currently exist with the School Games Organiser, the Tennis Foundation, Active Essex and a number of other sporting organisations.
The ability and willingness to teach another curriculum subject is essential.
The Trust is seeking to appoint:
- A dynamic and inspiring teacher to help enthuse students about Physical Education within an ambitious Department who work effectively as part of a team within the Academy to provide an outstanding educational experience for the students.
- A teacher committed to giving students extra-curricular opportunities.
- A teacher committed to the importance of Physical Education in transforming students' health and wellbeing, aspirations and developing a lifelong passion for participation in physical activities.
The Trust can offer:
- Strong support in personalised professional development as a Physical Education teacher and opportunities to develop the skills needed to progress to Middle Leadership for suitable candidates within a continuously improving Curriculum Area.
- The opportunity to work with a range of local and national sporting organisations.
- Access to good quality facilities including sports hall, dance studio, extensive playing fields, all weather pitch, hard court areas and the on-site local leisure centre
- Opportunity to support the development of new teachers via Mid Essex ITT.