Download printable version
Professional Partner in Learning SEN (Fixed Term)
The Phoenix Primary School & Nursery is a three-form entry school rated "Outstanding" by OFSTED in July 2019. We are looking to appoint an experienced enthusiastic and caring individual to provide support for a child with a range of learning difficulties. You will also provide support for the child during their lunchtime. You will be working closely with the Class Teacher, SENCo and Inclusion Manager. This post is on a fixed term contract linked to the child. The Working Pattern may need to be adjusted to support the needs of the pupil.
The successful applicant will:-
- be able to work independently, use initiative to aid learning and have high consistent expectations of behaviour
- be patient, adaptable and energetic
- have a range of strategies for supporting the inclusion of a child with additional learning needs
- experience with working with children with special educational needs
- GCSE grade C or Level 2 equivalent in Maths and English is desirable
- Willingness to attend to the child's personal and medical needs with appropriate training
This is a public facing role and therefore the successful candidate must speak fluent English.
We can offer you:-
- an Outstanding and welcoming school, with hardworking, dedicated teachers, support staff and governors
- well behaved, polite children who want to succeed
- a commitment to professional development
- excellent opportunities to collaborate with other schools and organisations
- a fantastic community of parents and children who deserve the best
Visits are warmly welcomed. Please contact Cheryl King, PA to Headteacher to arrange a visit. An application form along with further information is available to download from www.essexschoolsjobs.co.uk website.
The Phoenix Primary School & Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share in this commitment. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment procedures including satisfactory references, medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.