Download printable version
Are you an innovative, exciting and reflective practitioner who can make a difference? Do you have high expectations? Are you passionate about providing an excellent education for all children, including those with additional needs and more confident learners? Are you looking for a unique opportunity? If so, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a highly skilled Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to support children within our new academy. We are looking for people who are up for a challenge and want to get stuck in with all aspects of our academy life!
Newhall is a brand-new, state of the art academy on the Newhall development in Harlow, with the capacity for 420 children. The Primary Academy currently has 106 children on roll. It will grow year-on-year until it reaches full capacity (60 per year). The Nursery has capacity for 56 children and is open all year round from 7.30am until 6pm. It offers both funded and private day care places.
The Academy and Nursery opened in September 2018 and we are now seeking additional staff to join us and be part of the unique opportunity to build and grow the setting from its infancy. There is no doubt about it, setting up the Academy and Nursery from scratch takes vision, dedication and hard-work, but being part of that exciting and rare journey is exciting and it will be very rewarding to see the Academy and Nursery take shape over the next few years. To see more information about Newhall, please visit our website.
The children at Newhall are enthusiastic, keen to learn and a joy to teach. We are also supported by a growing community, including very supportive and engaged parents and an active Governing Body.
About the role
As a Learning Support Assistant at Newhall Primary Academy and Nursery, you will be line managed by our qualified SENCo. You will support children within the classroom and through small group or individual learning activities. You will work alongside our recently established team to help create an exciting and vibrant Academy, where all children thrive.
What we're looking for:
Our ideal candidate must have an excellent understanding of the EYFS/National Curriculum, age related expectations and early learning goals. They will be able to extend children's learning and develop their critical thinking through skilled questioning and be committed to excellence, inclusion and challenge. You will be part of a unique journey to start up a state of the art school and nursery that will be based at the heart of the community for the future as well as being part of the largest primary Multi-Academy Trust in the country.
The successful candidate will have:
· The motivation to achieve the very best for the children in our care and be relentless in the pursuit of excellence.
· Excellent inter-personal experience as an effective good and outstanding practitioner.
· Excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour
· Good organisational skills
· Creativity which drives all aspects of extended school learning and care.
In return we can offer:
· A firm commitment to you and your professional development.
· Friendly, supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking colleagues, staff and Governors.
· A growing learning community.
· Encouragement to develop new ideas and the opportunity to make a real difference.
· Coaching and mentoring from the Academy's Senior Leadership Team.
· Fantastic trust-wide CPD opportunities
· Vast opportunities for career progression
How to apply
We hope you will take the time to find out more about our new academy and experience our warm welcome. For further information about the role, or to arrange an informal discussion, please contact the school on 01279 215480 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed applications should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com by 19th February 2020.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews w/c Monday 2nd March 2020. Newhall Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
In applying for this post you are required to submit:
· A completed REAch2 Academy Trust Application form which contains the Person Specification form; and
· A supporting letter of application; not to exceed two sides of A4
· Complete:Online Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form