Download printable version
Pastoral Support Assistant
37 hours a week, 39 weeks a year.
£18,795 - £19,171
Inspire their remarkable with us
An Ofsted rated "Good" school with a sixth form in the top 10% nationally for the last 4 years, Greensward Academy has started its search for a Pastoral Support Assistant to add capacity to the pastoral care of students in school. Working as part of the school team, this role represents an excellent opportunity for a dedicated individual to help to implement the school behaviour policy and develop relationships with students, parents/carers and school staff, to positively impact on student attendance, progress and attainment.
The position involves a wide range of duties which include: maintaining up to date student records and contact details on our database, assisting and supporting with behaviour around the academy, conducting duties throughout the day, supervising students who need support during lesson time and general administration associated with this position. If you possess a high level of initiative and the skills and confidence to deal with challenging situations, then we would love to hear from you.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It's what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you'll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we're inspiring.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others' experience - You're connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More opportunities, so you can forge your own path - As a large and expanding multi academy trust, there are ample opportunities for development and new experiences.
- More hands on support, so you can get on with what matters most - Expert operations support removes headaches, allowing you to focus on the children.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Start date: February 2020.
Closing date: 5 February 2020.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking on the 'apply now' button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
Information about the School
Greensward Academy is an 11-19 comprehensive academy based in Hockley in Essex. It is part of the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET), a multi-academy sponsor which aims to provide the opportunity for all young learners to fulfil their real potential. The academy is graded Good by Ofsted and its results are strong, particularly in the Sixth Form which is in the top 3% nationally and top in Essex according to DfE Post 16 Performance Tables.