Download printable version
We require a Careers Education Support Assistant to join our Careers Education team.
You will work with students on alternative provisions and curriculums, in addition to supporting in the Return to learn provision. If you are experienced in this area, have high expectations and believe you can improve every student experience of learning then we would like to hear from you.
Our Lower Academy specialises in the teaching of our students aged 11-14 whilst the Upper Academy specialises in our 14-19 year old student populations. This role is based at ourUpper Academy and is an ideal opportunity for the right candidate to be part of a team transforming the education and learning experiences.
We offer a wide range of trips, conferences and enrichment programmes and have outstanding facilities; both in terms of technological equipment and external facilities including a heated indoor pool, larger than average fields, table tennis facilities, drama and dance studios to name a few of many features available.
Working weeks: 39 weeks (Term Time + inset + twilight) and Parent/Open evening as required
Working Hours: 37 hours per week (08:00-16:00 Mon-Thurs and 08:00 - 15:30 Fri)
The successful candidate must have:
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent (Desirable)
- Good literacy and numeracy skills (Essential)
- 5 GCSE Grade C or above including English and Mathematics (Desirable)
- Proven track record of engaging students (D)
- Good interpersonal skills (E)
- Strong organisational skills / Multi-tasking ability (E)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with clear and concise communication (E)
- High attention to detail (E)
- Work experience within a busy and fast paced environment (E)
- Composure under pressure (E)
- Work constructively and flexibly as part of a team, understanding others roles and responsibilities (E)
- Ability to identify own training and development needs and participate in on-going training (E)
- Experience of working within a school/academy (D)
To apply for this position please download and complete our application form via our website: http://www.basildonacademies.org.uk/careers-support
Application forms to be sent to our Academy Support Manager Lisa Church: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 14th February at midday.
Position Available: Immediate (flexible for the right candidate).
Tours of The Academies will be available for shortlisted candidates.
Information about the School
The Basildon Academies is focused upon developing the whole child; our curriculum has been developed to enable our students to develop their knowledge, understanding and skills so that they will become lifelong learners. This includes opportunities for linguistic, mathematical, scientific, technical, human, social, physical and artistic learning so that students make progress in a wide range of subjects.
We set high expectations of all our students and this, in turn, ensures we create a positive climate for learning in which every student can reach their full potential. Our Academy is a calm, orderly and purposeful environment where students enjoy their learning, make good progress and feel safe.
Our Sixth Form is a major part of the academy with the structure modelling itself on developing independent learning skills like those seen in universities which allows students to continue their studies in their specialist subject areas. Students are very much encouraged to become mature adults being engaged in many aspects of the life of the academy which further develops those much needed skills to go on into university or the world of work.