Download printable version
Contract: Fixed Term Contract linked to IPRA funding
Grade: Band 2 Point 3-6 dependent on experience (£13,211.40 - £13,993.87)
Hours per week: 31 hours and 40 minutes per week term time only (38 working weeks per year)
Bardfield Academy have a wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate SEN Teaching Assistant and Midday Assistant to join their friendly and supportive Team
An SEN Teaching Assistant and Midday Assistant is required to work 31 hours and 40 minutes per week to provide support to a child with an EHC Plan. The successful candidate will need to be able to follow a 'One Plan' under the guidance of the Class Teacher and SENCO and preferably to have experience of working with children with Autism. We are a very supporting school and promote the personal development of all staff. Working Monday to Thursday from 08:15 a.m. to 15:15 p.m. and Friday 08:15 a.m. to 14:00 p.m. with a 25-minute lunch break every day. This position is for a fixed term basis until 31st August 2020.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you:
· Have experience and skills working with pupils with ASD.
· Have excellent communication skills.
· Have good literacy and numeracy skills with GCSE Literacy and Numeracy grades A-C.
· Have the ability to deal with challenging behaviour.
· Have the ability to create positive learning environments.
· Have creative and practical skills for activities.
· Have the ability to work on your own initiative.
· Have the ability to remain calm under pressure.
What we can offer you:
· A growing Multi Academy Trust of Primary schools who work closely together for the benefit of everyone.
· The 'Leadership Academy' which delivers high quality professional development to all staff.
· A dynamic and collaborative team of Teachers, Leaders and a Central Team who are dedicated and committed to the success of all pupils and staff alike.
· Additional holiday in October giving a two week break, enabled by an early close on every Friday which is utilised for CPD.
· Engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are 'proud to belong' to our school and enjoy learning in a stimulating environment.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply now. In addition, please see the Job Description and Person Specification with full details of experience required to fulfil this highly rewarding role.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school directly on 01268 553488 to arrange an appointment. We strongly recommend you visit the school to help you decide whether this is a role for you.
Please complete the application form on the South Essex Academy Trust website, located in the Vacancies tab. https://www.seacademytrust.co.uk/vacancies/
Bardfield Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer and are part of the South Essex Academy Trust.