Download printable version
Learning Support Assistant
25 hours per week - 43.7 weeks (term time + 1 week Inset days + annual leave) 08:10am - 2:10pm daily
£10,291 per annum (£9.42 per hour)
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to join our established learning support team. The role is to provide assistance in the support and inclusion of children with special education needs in the classroom and school-wide activities across the key stages.
The successful candidate will have:
- Successful experience working with children in a school environment
- Educated to Level 2 (GCSE) or equivalent qualification /experience
- Ability to establish rapport and to maintain respectful and trusting relationships
- The ability to overcome barriers to learning with children by implementing school policies, procedures and identified support mechanisms
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- A passion to improve learning and work collaboratively with teaching staff to aid the progress of all students and develop their confidence
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines
- A good understanding of Health and Safety, safeguarding and child protection
- A commitment to equality and diversity and inclusion
In return the successful candidate can expect:
- A comprehensive tailored induction programme
- A mentor / 'buddy' scheme
- An extensive support programme, including a system of twilights
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
Early applications are welcome.
Closing Date: Midday on Friday 31 January 2020
Interviews: Week commencing3 February 2020
To apply, visit www.kes.essex.sch.uk and download the application form,
complete and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The King Edmund School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment and undergo an enhanced DBS check as part of our Safer Recruitment & Selection Procedures.
Information about the School
The King Edmund School is a high performing school with specialist status for Business, Enterprise and Applied Learning. The school has 1600 students, including over 200 in the Sixth Form.
The school prides itself on its excellent facilities, state of the art technology and innovative and progressive curriculum at all levels and across all key stages.
Students are well cared for and given every opportunity to shine. Extra curricular opportunities are varied and numerous.
The King Edmund School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment and undergo an enhanced DBS check as part of our Safer Recruitment Procedures.