Download printable version
Post Title: Class teacher - Autism Support Centre
School: Kelvedon St. Mary's Primary Academy, Nursery and Autism Support Centre
Required: Summer Term 2020 or Autumn Term 2020
Closing Date: Monday 3rd February 2020 12:00
Interview Date: Monday 10th February 2020
Kelvedon St. Mary's Primary Academy, Nursery and Autism Support Centre are looking to appoint an outstanding and enthusiastic teacher to lead and teach learning in our Autism Support Centre.
This position will be suitable for an individual who has a passion for delivering inclusive education and has an understanding of autism.
The successful candidates will:
· Be passionate about inclusion and have an understanding of autism
· Be an outstanding class teacher
· Be able to use a broad range of bespoke teaching strategies to inspire pupils and ensure progress
· Be self-motivated, reflective and be committed to improving their practice
· Be a great communicator and be able to lead a team
· Be able to work collaboratively with outside agencies and understand one planning and EHCPs
· Be flexible and adaptable, creative and risk taking
· Have an interesting life beyond school
· Join in the life of the school
The Academy offers:
· A flexible, skill based curriculum that allows YOU to plan unique learning for your pupils in the way that YOU think will support their progress the best
· A culture of trust in YOUR professionalism at its core
· Well motivated, independent and eager learners
· A 'Licence to Thrill'
· All of the resources YOU need to deliver the best learning experiences
· A broad range of creative CPD opportunities to support you to continue to improve your practice
· Opportunity for career development within the school and beyond
We are committed to the safe guarding and welfare of our pupils, and this post will be subject to an enhanced CRB check.
Informal visits to our school are warmly welcomed.
Information about the School
Ofsted 2016 rated 'Outstanding' Kelvedon St Mary's Church of England Primary Academy School is friendly and welcoming and at the heart of the Kelvedon community. We are extremely well resourced and fortunate enough to be set in wonderful grounds.
Our Core Values are: Respect * Caring * Co-operation * Perseverance * Honesty * Responsibility
(Reverence) (Compassion) (Service) (Endurance) (Virtue) (Trust)
They form the bedrock of our decision making around every aspect of the children's education.
Our vision is to create an environment where every learner has the opportunity to amaze us.
Our unique focus on developing the skills of learning along with our creative and exciting curriculum enables all pupils to be challenged to achieve their best. We celebrate, and are proud of, all pupil's achievements both in and beyond the classroom.
Our staff teams are totally committed to providing pupils with the very best education possible. The teams plan a wide variety of learning opportunities in and out of the classroom that broaden pupil's experiences and enable them to develop new and exciting skills that round them as individuals.