Download printable version
Attendance Officer & Student Reception
30 hours per week - 42.6 weeks (term time + annual leave)
07:30 to 14:00 daily (with 30 minutes for lunch)
£14,978 per annum (£11.72 per hour)
An experienced Administrator is required reporting to and working collaboratively with our Senior Attendance Officer to drive down student absence and improve attendance across all the year groups.
The role is to promote and secure high levels of attendance and punctuality of students within the school. The postholder will assist in the identification and implementation of intervention strategies to address and continually improve individual attendance and punctuality. Maintenance of accurate manual and electronic records on behalf of the school is paramount. Another important aspect of the role is to provide cover of our very busy student reception at break and lunch times, during staff absence and other busy times'.
The successful candidate will have:
- Successful experience working with children in either a school environment or other similar educational establishment;
- Educated to Level 2 (GCSE) or equivalent;
- A valid First Aid qualification and/or experience;
- Knowledge and understanding and/or experience of the Attendance Officer role
would be advantageous;
- Ability to establish rapport and to maintain respectful and trusting relationships;
- Evidence of building effective relationships with staff, managers, students and parents, as well as external bodies;
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Sound IT skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft packages, SIMS database or similar;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines;
- A good understanding of Health and Safety, safeguarding and child protection;
- A commitment to equality and diversity and inclusion.
Closing Date: Midday on Wednesday 29 January 2020
Interviews: Friday 31 January 2020
To apply, please complete an application form obtained by the HR Office and email the completed application and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The King Edmund School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment and undergo an enhanced DBS check as part of our Safer Recruitment & Selection Procedures.
Information about the School
The King Edmund School is a high performing school with specialist status for Business, Enterprise and Applied Learning. The school has 1600 students, including over 200 in the Sixth Form.
The school prides itself on its excellent facilities, state of the art technology and innovative and progressive curriculum at all levels and across all key stages.
Students are well cared for and given every opportunity to shine. Extra curricular opportunities are varied and numerous.
The King Edmund School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment and undergo an enhanced DBS check as part of our Safer Recruitment Procedures.